Very few people are born with naturally straight teeth. Orthodontic treatment helps improve your facial appearance as it brings teeth, lips, and the entire face into proportion. One can correct misaligned or crooked teeth as well as close spaces between teeth in order to achieve a perfect smile!
Advantages of having straight teeth-
- Straight teeth help an individual to effectively bite, chew and speak.
- Straight teeth are much easier to clean and maintain therefore contributing to healthy gums ensuring a long life for your teeth.
- Straight teeth look brighter because they do not cast shadows.
- Less prone to decay and injury-You may be surprised to learn that straight teeth are less prone to decay and injury. As for injuries to teeth, protruding upper teeth are more likely to be broken in an accident as opposed to straight teeth.
How do Braces work?
Over a period of time, your teeth will shift if constant, gentle pressure is applied. Brackets are bonded to the front surface of each tooth and wires are attached to the brackets with elastic bands. The slight tension on the wire is gently transferred to the teeth through the bracket and the teeth align themselves to the configuration of the wire.
I know the first thing that comes to your mind when thinking of braces is metal wires and brackets. However orthodontics has moved far beyond metal braces to some highly cosmetic solutions. Maskati Dental Center is one of the few dental clinics that provides you with various orthodontic options including aesthetic lingual braces.
Adult Orthodontics: Braces are not just for kids anymore. Teeth can be moved at any age if your gums and bone structure is healthy. We offer braces for different age groups including adults. Many adults are now opting for orthodontic treatment. They realize that improving the health of their mouth and the attractiveness of their smiles and facial appearances can result in changes in their personal, social and professional lives. The treatment usually last for a period of 12 months to 18 months.
Types of orthodontic solutions-
- Metal Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Lingual Orthodontics
- Invisalign- will be described in detail in the cosmetic dentistry section